THE QUANTUM CHAMBER

A new form of Sanctuary, seeking to redefine the meditative, healing and creative experience...

Friday

WHAT IS THE QUANTUM CHAMBER?

The Q Chamber is a concept I have been working on for many years. As an artist I have spent my adult life experimenting with ways to visually depict abstract notions of reality. I have studied ancient metaphysical philosophy, as well as the quantum mechanics, which I find are alternative reflections on the same coin. While in graduate school (University of New Mexico) I had the opportunity, with the support of my professors, to really begin to transform my concepts into a visual application. I began working with ultraviolet light as a way to help visually capture the dynamic energy that exists within all forms. This energy is often invisible to our naked eye. My concept was to create imagery that explores the microcosm as macrocosm. I used actual theories of physics to conduct and assess my image making experiments and came up with a methodology that literally looks cosmic in nature.

The Q Chamber is a self contained portable room of any size with clears panels. The imagery is printed on backlit film (special translucent film often used in advertising) and attached to the clear panels. Under regular or ambient lighting the translucent panels actually glow and the imagery comes to life as depicted in the photos.

My objective is to create an "experience" as the viewer, completely surrounded by imagery, (walls, floor and ceiling) ceases to be aware of ordinary reality and enters the realm of the extraordinary. At that point the viewer also becomes a participator feeling a sense of expansion that is really an expansion of his/her own inner awareness.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas Coleen. I´ll keep following your progress with this, and hopefully can experience this myself one day.....Khensu-RA

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly amazing. The courses that I have been taking at the University of Metaphysical Sciences ( www.umsonline.org )have really expanded my thinking and consideration of consciousness. The university will have a course in Quantum Mechanics soon, until then I think that I will read more about your project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you K for your appreciation of my concept. Please feel free to post my blog to others who might be interested. I hope to build support for the Q Chamber so that I can build an actual prototype for people to experience.

    ReplyDelete